Living in the 21st century our lives are a tale of frequent twists and turns. Be it relationships, academics, family, friends or career, we all have to deal with a number of people.This brings many challenging situations into our lives and it becomes extremely difficult to cope up with such unbearable scenarios in life. We seem to get lost amidst it all and fail to find a way out of the mess.
More so we have always been told to exceed beyond our competitors, as such our lives have become a constant story of competitions which never seem to cease. Trying to be the perfect child, the perfect husband, a perfect employee or a perfect worker makes us forget about our very own existence. It is true that perfection is a much needed reality that we must all seek to achieve but at the same moment we must realise about the illusion of it.
To cope up with the challenges that come in our lives it is necessary to have the right kind of knowledge and always be in the company of your own self. You have to realise that whatever advices or learning that you have got in your life, it is ultimately upon you to make the decisions. No one can ever force with that! The world may be up against you but you have to be true to your nature and character.
Here are a few ways on how you can overcome the challenges that come in your lives.
1. Keep a positive attitude – Winning is success but success is definitely not in winning! Your failures are what plays a major role in making you a better person. To have a positive attitude and the courage to face the adversities is what will help you to sail through in life. You lost, you are broken but just think for a minute – is it over yet? Definitely no! What has happened, has happened and there is no point crying about it. Accept it with a smile and have the courage to move forward.
2. Have Patience – Often in our efforts to achieve we forget about the value of patience. A seed sown takes months or years to bear fruits and flowers, similarly so does our efforts and actions. Being in a hurry robs us off our simplicity and efficiency. Often it happens so that in our impatience we let go of our very own success. We seem to loose the focus on the effort to the fruit of the action which ultimately robs us off the fun in both. Try to be calm and composed for remember one thing that your efforts will never go unrewarded. It may take time but it will definitely be worth.
3. Don’t shy away from taking help – Each individual has his own unique capabilities. A soccer player cannot run a formulae one car. We all specialise in our very own talents. It takes a writer, composer, a number of musicians and a singer to make a beautiful song. With time you must have also developed understanding of what are your capabilities. It would surely be wise to seek the help of the talented and the capable to complete the things that you have started, effectively and efficiently. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of complementing each other’s shortcomings and team work. Even a flower needs water to sparkle so what should stop you from taking help?
4. Become aware of the opposites – Life is a cycle of ups and downs. Business cycles are characterised by frequent periods of boom, stagnation and recession and so the phases come in our lives. We have all been witness to times of happiness and sorrow. It is all a part of a bigger game. Bring awareness to this eternal reality that both good and bad are important for they both co-exist. This is the very law of nature and all of us are bound by it. Accept both of them with equality and don’t become feverish about the either.
5. Learn from your failures – The bad thing about winning is that it often robs you off the ability to be a learner. Failures are important for it helps you to realise and learn from the mistakes that you have done. It makes you conscious about them so that you can be more careful in your next step and who knows, come out with even better results. We all marvel at the success of the most famous people around the globe but if you ask any of them about the reason for it, they all will have one thing to say – ‘learn from your mistakes.’
6. Keep the company of the wise – While there will be tons of people out there to criticise you and ridicule every move that you make, there would be some who would always cheer you up and boost your morale. While the majority would be otherwise, having even a single companion in your difficult times will help you to achieve what you have set goals on. See how a mother loves and cares of her child unconditionally. The world may say that he is incapable or unworthy but it is her undoubted belief and conviction that makes him come out with flying colours. Take interest in the company of the people who motivate and advice you in your times of need.
7. Never give up – This is the most important thing. You may have started a new business venture and it might have failed. The wise thing to do would be to accept it and give it another shot. Don’t give up on yourself. Whether to start it from the scratch or do something new this time would be best known to you. But you should never loose that spark to rise up and start afresh. Have faith in you and the world, your failure is just a test to see if you can sustain the success. There are thousands of reason to give up but just one that says not to – “I have to make it.”
Life is simple but the blame on making it difficult lies solely on us for in our efforts to excel and overdo we have forgotten how to live it through. A sailor is ready to face the unprecedented situations in the ocean for he knows that he has set on is riddle with hardships and difficulties. But he turns an adverse situation into an opportunity to face it correctly. Even you are living in-between an ocean of opportunities, the reality of which can be brought by making a simple shift in your attitude in life.